If you suffer from dry skin, welcome winter-chapped heels, elbows, and hands as a normal state of affairs from roughly September through May, and battle the effects of drying sun and sea salt in the summer, you’re in good company, along with 98% of the population.
Shea butter is a 100% natural ingredient that is regularly recommended by dermatologists, aestheticians, and cosmetologists alike to help heal eczema, psoriasis, as well as to soothe normal dry skin, sunburn, and soften rough areas like the heels and elbows, and its healing properties have been known for centuries. Specifically in Africa where the Karite (or Shea) tree is indigenous, the natural fat extracted from the nut or seed has been used for generations to help protect the skin and hair from harsh elements including the sun.
Dogs’ skin is also not immune to the effects of environmental stressors, and many breeds are also naturally prone to skin problems including:
- Irritated, red skin
- Itchy skin
- Red bumps
- Dry skin
Dogs often make skin problems worse by scratching, biting, and licking irritated areas, as well as possibly picking up fleas and ticks from romping outdoors, and incurring the damaging effects of sun, wind, and saltwater (if you live near the ocean and have a water-loving dog).
The same soothing properties of shea butter that work wonders for human skin also can prevent as well as heal irritation in dogs’ problem skin. Shea butter soothes, softens, and hydrates skin. In addition, shea butter is a natural sun protectant and moisturizes and conditions the fur to maintain and boost shine.
earthbath has a whole line of deliciously scented and specialized shea products including:
- Shed Control Shampoo: This potent formula contains organic fair trade shea butter, omega-6 fatty acids, and the extracts of green tea leaf, ginseng, and awapuhi to nourish & detoxify skin and coat while helping to control excessive shedding, dander, and associated allergens.
- Shed Control Conditioner: Organic fair trade shea butter, glycerin and allantoin act to nourish the skin, as well as lock in moisture to reduce dryness and scaling.
- Shed Control Grooming Foam: Mild cleansers deodorize, freshen, and clean, while organic fair trade shea butter, green tea leaf extract, omega-6 fatty acids, and other natural humectants & emollients nourish & detoxify skin and coat.
- Hypo-Allergenic Dog Grooming Foam: Specially formulated with organic fair trade shea butter, this Hypo-Allergenic Grooming Foam helps you groom your dog without the hassles of traditional water-based bathing.
- Hypo-Allergenic Cat Grooming Foam: Specially formulated with organic fair trade shea butter, this Hypo-Allergenic Grooming Foam is for cats who don't enjoy traditional water-based bathing.